DUMB DUCK WHO WOULDN'T GO IN DOG HOUSE HAS LOTS OF HOUSES!!!

kseniyacholock

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2018
Well my husband discovered today, that although my neighbors landlord took the ducks dog house, (leaving bail of hay, how KIND!) that he was up the street where he goes everyday and at this one house he is always at there was food and water set out, looked like dried corn he said. Is duck feed look like dried corn? Well no wonder he spends all darn day up there!!! I went out later this afternoon and when I got back he was in the total opposite direction he's never gone before, was in the yard nextdoor to ours. We live across the street from his owners, both of us live in apartments shaped in a "U" shape with a HUGE yard area in between the U. Hawks and other predators are out here as we are by a lake despite being in a big city. The ducks owners are rather neglectful of the duck and I'm sure if me or someone else offered to take it or found a place they'd be glad to get rid of it, I think they'd be glad the day a predator gets it just to be done with having to deal with it! But they are so LAZY its unbelievable!!! So if it requires them driving it somewhere, like Avian Rescue someone here on Backyardchickens recommended I contact, they will never take it. Well, the triangle shaped outdoor table I put in front of their living room window by their front door then covered one side with plywood is still there with hay inside, he spends night there, someone, I'm sure the landlady who took the dog house, put the hay under a bush and today I noticed someone had shaped it into a tunnel. So he "could" go in it, but like I said, he's a DUMB DUCK and will sit outside and get snowed on all damn day! Snow expected again next weekend, it's all melted now, made it through this heavy snowfall.

hillbilly91

Free Ranging
5 Years
Jan 2, 2016
Westminster sc
Well my husband discovered today, that although my neighbors landlord took the ducks dog house, (leaving bail of hay, how KIND!) that he was up the street where he goes everyday and at this one house he is always at there was food and water set out, looked like dried corn he said. Is duck feed look like dried corn? Well no wonder he spends all darn day up there!!! I went out later this afternoon and when I got back he was in the total opposite direction he's never gone before, was in the yard nextdoor to ours. We live across the street from his owners, both of us live in apartments shaped in a "U" shape with a HUGE yard area in between the U. Hawks and other predators are out here as we are by a lake despite being in a big city. The ducks owners are rather neglectful of the duck and I'm sure if me or someone else offered to take it or found a place they'd be glad to get rid of it, I think they'd be glad the day a predator gets it just to be done with having to deal with it! But they are so LAZY its unbelievable!!! So if it requires them driving it somewhere, like Avian Rescue someone here on Backyardchickens recommended I contact, they will never take it. Well, the triangle shaped outdoor table I put in front of their living room window by their front door then covered one side with plywood is still there with hay inside, he spends night there, someone, I'm sure the landlady who took the dog house, put the hay under a bush and today I noticed someone had shaped it into a tunnel. So he "could" go in it, but like I said, he's a DUMB DUCK and will sit outside and get snowed on all damn day! Snow expected again next weekend, it's all melted now, made it through this heavy snowfall.
If the duck is free range with a lake he is smart enough to hunker down when he needs to. He probably dug the tunnel in the hay himself.

Last edited:

Top Bottom