dumb question i know..

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stephanie1992, Nov 7, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

but is there anything such as buff partridge??

2. PixieChixie

PixieChixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    I don't think that's a dumb question, because I don't know the answer! [​IMG]

3. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Well, I'm certainly not an expert, but Buff is a color and Partridge is a color so I don't see how you could have a buff partridge. I think it's a contradiction.

Unless you're talking about the partridge bird, not the partridge color pattern in which case I have no idea.

4. stephanie1992

well theres barred partridge and other forms of partridge. soo i was thinking y not buff partridge. theres mixes of other colors in birds like buff barred and lemon blue. lol soo i was just thinking y not buff partridge

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:huh? Never heard of barred partridge--sounds like a very strange looking messy pattern if it has both barring and penciling. I would assume a buff partridge to be a very light partridge--sometimes called yellow partridge. In any case, it is not to the standard for partridge. Lemon blue is not a mix of colours; it is a very specific pattern: birchen with blue and with gold: E^R/E^R Bl/bl+ s+/s+ (or s+/- for girls)

6. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    Buff is usually a columbian-like restricted bird but the groundcolor buff is a mixture of red enhancers and diluters.
    That same groundcolor could be applied to a partridge or a duckwing.

7. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:huh? Never heard of barred partridge--

well there is Barred based on a wild besed "eb" [​IMG] looks like crele in roosters..

8. stephanie1992

i was ganna try to see if i could make something close to a buff partridge. if its possible. i want a project that no one else has done yet. i was ganna do barred partridge but several people on here already have that. i was also thinking of a salmon cochin. lol

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Several? I've only seen ONE example of a true Barred Partridge [​IMG]

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I would be interested in seeing a photo of a barred partridge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by