Dumb question of the week.

BettyR

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Texas Gulf Coast
I was looking at chickens on the Ideal website and found this with several breeds.

Why?

MALES OF THIS BREED ARE AVAILABLE ONLY IF THE FEMALES ARE SOLD.

I saw that a few days ago also. I have no idea if this is correct, but my guess is that they won't set the eggs to hatch and "be brought into the world as living things" unless the females are sold, since the females are typically wanted more than males, and the males are just "shipping box warmers so frequently."

I am not 100% sure but my guess is that the males are more popular in that breed and they can't get much females to go too so they want to prevent the shift on the scale for sexes in sales?

I think...

- Tommy

and post the answer please.
smile.png

Quote:
You would be correct! I wanted a Red Shouldered Yokahama Rooster and I had to wait untill the end of the season once all of the females were gone or almost sold out.

How did the yokohama roo turn out? I'm thinking about getting a few straight run, but I want to make sure they're pretty
smile.png

Quote:
I sold him before he got to big (I decided to go with a different boy). He was looking nice, the red on his wings was a very pretty color. I would say get one.

Back
Top Bottom