Dumb Question

Never!!! Chlorine is not good for birds. I would just scrub it out whenever algae is in it. It is more time consuming, but is way more healthy for your birds. BTW good luck!!! I hope you find a good way to clean your pool.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:wee:ya

I wouldn't. I would instead use copper sulfate, which is safe for ducks and keeps algae from growing.

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/acidified-copper-sulfate-1

It'll stain the plastic of your pool, but it keeps algae from growing and is also an antimicrobial.

You dissolve dissolve 1 packet into a 2 gallon stock solution, then mix that solution into the water at a rate of about 1 ounce per dozen gallons or so.

Does anyone know if I could put a little bit of chlorine in my duck pool to keep algae down?
How large is your duck pool? I have a fish pond of approximately 800 to 900 gallons. I use a UV filter to keep the water clear. It never gets crystal clear but I can the bottom 4 feet down...

How large is your duck pool? I have a fish pond of approximately 800 to 900 gallons. I use a UV filter to keep the water clear. It never gets crystal clear but I can the bottom 4 feet down...

It’s about 300 gallons and I only have one cute duck

Back
Top Bottom