Dumbing down of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

4 luv of eggs

Songster
9 Years
Apr 22, 2010
Westminster, MD
I know I can't be alone on this. No one can spell or construct a complete sentence anymore. I know it's because of spell check and internet abbreviations but this is getting seriously toxic. This has become an enormous pet peeve with me. Is anyone with me on this or am I among a dying breed?

I worked in a warehouse awhile back and the Human Resource person had everything in her office labeled. Instead of having "potential employee", she had the bins labeled "partential employee". I wanted to scream. This apparently was acceptable to the management.

Does anyone else notice this? Does it bother you?

Many of us here are with you. In my opinion the cause is that people simply do not care. You would think that with all the written communication that goes along with the internet people's writing skills would be better.

You've gotta check out the online dating sites. The grammar there is horrendous and these people are trying to meet potential mates.

We have an internet based complaint system at work and one gal sticks apostrophies to every single word that ends with an S. Doe's, remember's, driver's, turn's. Make me NUTS!!!

Quote:
I beg your pardon, but don't you mean that it drives you nut's?
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom