dummy eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Resolution, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Resolution

Resolution Chillin' With My Peeps

Anyone know where to find the best dummy eggs at the most economical prices?

2. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    Hey I got mine and they are wood eggs from Michaels,it is a craft store.I am in NC and they have several around here.Maybe you can find some there.They usually keep them year round.Believe me they really work. Sandra

3. allenePanek

allenePanek New Egg

Feb 20, 2012
    Baking recipes tells us very important information such as the number of eggs to be used, weight of the ingredients that we should put and so on. These are crucial information that needs to be measured by us accurately. Hence there is a need to weigh the ingredients carefully on the scale.

4. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    I use golf balls, they work just as well.

5. C&C Chickens

C&C Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2010
    Bay Area
    I bought two wooden dummy eggs from MyPetChicken.com....

6. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I bought brown fake eggs and water nipples off ebay coopnmore.com pretty cheap. Side note: They look and feel so real we had to use a marker on the fake eggs. lol

7. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Buy some plastic Easter eggs at the dollar store. Put a rock inside for weight and glue closed. It doesn't get any cheaper and they work great.

8. Resolution

Resolution Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok- - ceramic eggs ordered- hope we don't break any bowls trying to crack one!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by