Dumor Feed Users?

joe17

Songster
11 Years
Nov 25, 2009
Louisiana
Does anyone feed dumor? I have 3 week old silkie chicks and I might switch to dumor feed. Does it have animal proteins in it?? I know it doesnt have marigold extract so the white feathers wont turn yellow. Is it dusty?

I use Dumor 20% crumbles for all of my silkies, chicks through adults. The adults also get other things added in, like whole wheat, whole corn, things like that.

It's not dusty. I believe that it does have animal proteins in it, but am not sure. Ive been 100% satisifed with it.

What are animal proteins? Which feeds have them and which do not. I do use Dumor chick starter, which I believe is not medicated. At least I can't see anywhere on the label that it is.

How much corn and wheat do you add in Sundown?? I still dont know what I am feeding mine yet.I have some 3 week old chicks that are on purina but I will change that soon. Sundown, can you tell me everything you add into you feed and how much you add? Thanks!

Quote:
I use those rubber fortex bowls. So I fill the bowl up with crumbles, add a handful of wheat to it, mix it around, and add some calicum chips on top. I use the whole corn, and just toss a handful of that in their pen every other day or so. I also pick fresh greens/grass for them each day, since their runs are sand.

I use those rubber fortex bowls. So I fill the bowl up with crumbles, add a handful of wheat to it, mix it around, and add some calicum chips on top. I use the whole corn, and just toss a handful of that in their pen every other day or so. I also pick fresh greens/grass for them each day, since their runs are sand.

Does the rubber fortex bowl hold one whole bag of feed? I have never heard of those kind of bowls lol I already give them greens, boiled egg, and yogurt. I will give them oyster shells when they are older and will add wheat and corn too. Thanks! So you dont feed the dumor laying crumble? I will just buy the 20% one then.​

Quote:
Does the rubber fortex bowl hold one whole bag of feed? I have never heard of those kind of bowls lol I already give them greens, boiled egg, and yogurt. I will give them oyster shells when they are older and will add wheat and corn too. Thanks! So you dont feed the dumor laying crumble? I will just buy the 20% one then.

Ive tried the layer pellets/crumbles, but the protein isnt high enough to keep their feathers in good condtion. Once I switched over to the 20% I saw a big improvement in their feather quality and even egg laying.

This is what the bowls look like. I use the 2qt and 4qt bowls. http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&pf_id=13217 Tractor supply has them. They are great in the winter because when the water freezes you can just turn the bowl over and stomp on it and the ice pops right out.

Quote:
Just an FYI, Dumor is the generic brand for Purina Layena. I was educated by the feed consultant at TSC store in CT claims that the ingredients is the same just cheaper than Purina b/c of the Dumor generic name. I've used both and really do not see a difference. I use the Mash and add Kelp and Wormguard plus.

I'm not an expert but, just figured I'd pass along what TSC told me. Maybe if you have a TSC close by you could pop in and ask them.

Good Luck!!
B:)

Ohh I have some of those lol I didnt know that they were called that lol Ok I think I will fill that up, put a hand full of alfalfa, wheat, and corn. Do you find that your chickens waste a lot of feed in the fortex bowls? I use the hanging feeders but may switch to the fortex bowls because I have a few of those already that I used for my hogs.

Back
Top Bottom