1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DuMor laying-hen feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Ginevive, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Ginevive

Ginevive Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    This is the feed I plan on using. It says that it is 16% on the bag (does this mean protein, as it does with horse feed?)
    How is this feed? Just wondering if anyone uses it.

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    The 16% should mean protein but I have never heard of that brand.

3. Ginevive

Jul 19, 2007
    I had good luck with their horse feed; I did switch though because Blue Seal is cheaper and yet the same or better quality..

4. nuchickmama

nuchickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Rock Island, TN
    I have used TSC Dumour feed in the past when I haven't gotten to the Co-op and it worked well for my chickens.

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Thats the brand I usually buy and I've never had a problem.

6. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    yup thats the brand i feed too...has worked great so far...i have not switched them to layer feed yet though.

7. Ginevive

Jul 19, 2007
    Cool. It is easy for me to get and the price is not bad. [​IMG]

8. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    i add about 1/2 cup sunflower seed to their feed each day just as a treat...they seem to love it.

9. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    We've used Dumor with all our chickens and it's great. Mostly because it's not expensive, and the TSC is closer than the elevator. [​IMG]

10. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    I used to use Manna-Pro brand. I have always mixed other things in with it too like wild bird seed. My girls would pick everything out and leave the crumbles and would only eat it if they had to. I ran out of it one weekend when the feed store was closed and I went to Tractor Supply and bought some Dumor (sp?) My girls loved it. They eat so much more of it and I don't end up throwing it away. I am sticking with Dumor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by