Dumped rooster free to good home *Will ship!*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Whitewinterwolf, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    A beautiful rooster who I have dubbed Mr. Grumbles.
    He is sweet, friendly, able to be handled and caught without an issue, he does not crow much, and will follow you around the yard.
    Someone left him, I found him, and now due to my rooster wanting to beat the living daylights out of him, I need to find him a new home.
    I was told he looks like a Rhode Island red EE cross, he looks to be under a year old.
    I had a home for him, however due to unforeseen events they cant take him for a while, so I am trying to see if I can find him a home before my mother eats him!
    Hes living in a crate ion my basement and really needs to get out of it [​IMG]
    If you want more pictures just ask, he loves to pose for the camera and dances and grumbles every time I go up to his crate [​IMG] Thats how he got his name lol

2. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Woops, ignore the double post...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    Also i would like to add that he has been treated for worms, treated for cocidia, treated with ivermec all as a precaution,
    and if you want him to be shipped, as long as you pay for shipping then he is all yours!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. lavenderorpgirl

lavenderorpgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    have you contacted Farm Sanctuary in CT / NY area?

i bet a farm rescue would take him in since he's been abandoned...

i want to help this lil guy somehow...lets see if we can network him out to a home...

can you send me your phone number to my personal chicken addy - [email protected]

Jo

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Them and the ASPCA, im still waiting to hear back from the farm place, but the ASPCA said no because they have a ton of them that they are trying to place as well.
    Ill drop you an e-mail. Thank you for helping!!

6. lavenderorpgirl

lavenderorpgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Quote:Them and the ASPCA, im still waiting to hear back from the farm place, but the ASPCA said no because they have a ton of them that they are trying to place as well.
    Ill drop you an e-mail. Thank you for helping!!

No problemo! Keep me posted ;o)

7. cluckimamia

cluckimamia New Egg

Nov 18, 2011
    How far can he be shipped, I would love to take him. He looks so sweet![​IMG]

8. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I dont see why he cant be shipped anywhere in the US, and possibly Canada? I not sure how that would work, but the post office reassured me that he would be fine during shipping. [​IMG]
    Where would he be going if you took him?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by