Dumping Rant_Happy update!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Schultz, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I went to the local gas station late this afternoon. A man came in behind me freaking out wanting to talk to the manager right away. Within seconds, the manager asked how he could help. The man said that the manager needed to come outside right away and the manager asked why. The man said someone left animals in a bag behind the gas station and someone needed to do something right away. Of course, being the animal lover I am, I went to the back where the animals were said to be and saw a pretty blue gift bag. As I approached the bag, I heard noises. When I looked inside, my heart sank! There were 2 newborn puppies in the bag with the umbilical cords still attached [​IMG] I couldn't believe it, how are people that cruel? By the way, it was only 15 degrees when I went to the store and I have no idea how long they were in the elements. One of the staff came out back and took the puppies indoors and said that they would call animal control. I hope they will have a good life or at least better than how they started life [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is horrible. I'm betting the people that own that un-spayed female won't bother spaying her now either. Poor doggies.

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes I think they will continue to let her breed and continue their animal cruelty by dumping puppies. I am so mad and sad about this that I am tempted to call the owner of the store to see if there is a camera where the puppies were dumped. If I had a plate number I could do some investigating. Did I say that out loud? [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] I hope they made it.
    YEs, it would be great if you could see if there was a camera...

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    animal dumpers are dealt with harshly around my place.

6. debilorrah

Quote:Excercising your second amendment rights?

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

no fair debs, you already know the answer to that [​IMG] I was just going to give a broad statement. Besides, lil charlie and mama kitty ... I've grown sort of fond of them.

8. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Thats Horrible!! I dont see how anyone could do that, people like that make me sick!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

no fair debs, you already know the answer to that [​IMG] I was just going to give a broad statement. Besides, lil charlie and mama kitty ... I've grown sort of fond of them.

OOPS - sorry! [​IMG]

10. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Sorry this is one of those times where I might have to disagree with certain aspects of this thread.

No question the cruel and inhumane act of discarding the puppies is without question wrong. Having a female pet that is not spayed in my opinion is also stupid. To many dogs and cats out there without a home now, no one needs to breed more.

BUT-------

The puppies? What real chance do they have? Days, months of struggling to survive. Does any one think that the people at AC have time to nurse new born puppies around the clock? The resourses to nurse new borns?

All that effort takes away from animals that truly may have a chance.

Put'em down, now, painlessly. Hope and pray that the people responsible for this act get what's comming.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by