dumpster trip

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MiniatureCochin, Jul 26, 2011.

1. MiniatureCochin

MiniatureCochin Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    my mom & lil siblings just made a trip to the dumpster this morning, and my siblings said that while they were unloading the trash, they heard whining/scratching/yipping coming from inside one of the dumpsters. they looked around the dumpsters, and inside but didn't really know what to do (they're only 8 & 12).

Dang it. I'm no animal rights activist or anything, but I really don't! like the idea of people putting animals in the dumpster. [​IMG] It's just not fair! (esp. in this heat!) Plus, the dumpsters get emptied into a garbage truck at least once a day and driven up to the main dump...where the trash gets ground up. *shudderS**
    Why can't people bring their dogs/pups to the shelter? We've got 2 good shelters within 20 miles of here.

I really hope somebody hears that critter & saves it. Who knows..maybe there a bunch of pups.
    I'd go for it, but I can't drive and I'm not sure If I can convince my mom to go back there....[​IMG]
    (I think my parents are afraid we might bring a pup or two home, and then we'd end up keeping it/them. No way, I'd bring them to the shelter. At least there they'd have a chance.)

Thanks for listening,

MiniC

2. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Call animal control or the police NOW! Please don't rely on someone else hearing them....it may be too late. Please make that call now!

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:X2 OMG!!!!!!!!!! RUN TO THE PHONE!

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011

x3 Definitaly call them!

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

x3 Definitaly call them!​

X4 You could also try calling the 2 shelters close by, the garbage company or even the local news too! Someone is bound to help out.

6. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Don't wait for someone else!!!!! Get help! Beg your parents to go back! If your so worried about them, then do something!

Ps. I'm not being rude if it sounds like it.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Minic, did you call for help? Please say yes.

8. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Please call someone NOW!!!!! At least call the store in question and advise them of the animal/s in the dumpster! Please!!!!!

9. MiniatureCochin

MiniatureCochin Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    I wish I could say I called somebody [​IMG]
    I was hoping an adult could call, and I'm not an adult...soo....[​IMG]
    my parents didn't want to hear any more about it. My siblings asked them several times if we could go back, but no.
    my dad thinks if there was an dog, it's probably already dead anyway.
    I feel like a total idiot. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  10. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    dumpster where?
    Store dumpster?
    neighborhood dumpster?

It is typically illegal to dump animals. You can call the cops on your own or look up the number for your town to get the people that do the dumpsters.
    Call somebody. I'm guessing you are older than your 8/12 year old siblings, so call, the puppies/dogs can't speak for themselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by