Duplex pens

ga_goat

Songster
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Lowndes County Ga
built a duplex pen , shared chicken house ( divided ) and 2 pens 20 x 24 ft each 1side is finished except for the door to the house and the paint is drying on it to go on tomorrow , probably finish the second side in 3 or 4 weeks . used an old dog/cat tote for a nest box and put it at the top of the roost with the door through the back wall so it can be serviced from outside .
these 2 new pens gives me 5 pens w/houses all with doors to close up at nite . the houses ( coops) are 6 ft x 8 ft each .

I miss the levi plant , it along with 12 or 15 other sewing plants went to mexico with the nafta treaty , my wife also worked there she was the first one hired for the new plant in the industrial plant location .

That is a classic look to your coop...old timey, rustic Americana (not the BREED!)! I have several pallets and planks gathered over the last few months and think I will try to emulate your design. It is simple yet functional, and I especially like the nestbox and it's accessibility.

Great Job!!
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
I am in the real estate repair busisness and the siding is / was an old deck I had to replace on a house at a lake that is a rental , I get a lot of that kind of stuff .

Back
Top Bottom