Dura Waterer from McMurray's

search4one

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 23, 2010
Winters
I ordered this waterer from McMurray's and I cannot get it to stop leaking where the brass fitting screws onto the plastic nipple at the float valve. Emailed them and they said if I wasn't satisfied to send it back. Satisfied? Unless I want a constant puddle under the waterer, it is useless. They also said that possibly my water pressure was to high. It says with the literature that comes with it, it will work with high pressure. But, I barely turned on the water just to check to see if that fixed the problem but it didn't. I would say that the plastic nipple is not long enough to be able to screw the brass fitting on far enough to keep it from leaking.
I really don't want to send it back, I want to use it. Anybody else have one that has had this problem or am I the only one?

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/dura_waterer.html

That's a good idea for a waterer, kind of a toilet flush system. Too bad it is leaking. Can you find something at Home Depot to hook it up tighter or better?

I used Teflon tape on the threads right off. The problem is the nipple is clearly not long enough to be able to tighten the brass fitting enough.
After I placed my first post McMurray emailed me and told me not to send it back. They refunded the full purchase price and told me to :field destroy" it. I guess you can't ask for more than that.
So, it didn't cost me anything but I still want an automatic waterer.

Back
Top Bottom