Duramyacin-10 Dosage? PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pasha1, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Pasha1

Pasha1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    South Geaorgia
    I have a 2 day old chick with a swollen/cut hock. Infection getting worse. He won't put any weight on the leg now. Need to give him some antibiotics. Bought Duramyacin-10 but don't know how much to use.

Instructions say 1 bag makes:

100 gallons at 100 mg
    50 gallons at 200mg
    25 gallons at 400mg
    12.5 gallons at 800mg

I have a digital scale and don't need to mix 100 gallons. Just need to know which strength to use for it to be effective.

I posted on here for info as to what to do with the leg and didn't really get any info. Hopefully someone know what to do with this stuff. I really don't want to lose this chick. The leg works. It's not splayed and I believe the tendon is in place.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. Pasha1

Pasha1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    South Geaorgia
    Thank you. I found post with measurements from 1 tbsp to 1 tsp per gallon and didn't know quite what to do. Just made a quart.

In a post in Incubating... Someone recommended a chair or hobble. I tried that night but it didn't work. Hobbles are pointless because he refuses to put his leg down. I revised the chair I had built and he is snuggled in it. Doesn't seem too upset. Is this a good idea? I was thinking it would allow him some relief? He's eating drinking and pooping so I am hoping thats a good sign?

Reasons I don't think it's splayed leg is it is in a normal position when he was standing. Ruled out tendon because until today he had full range of motion and was using the leg to scratch and stretch. So I really hoping it's just an infected scratch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by