Duramycin-10 dosing for Pullets

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PortlandChick, May 9, 2011.

1. PortlandChick

PortlandChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    I am trying to determine what the appropriate dosing of Duramycin-10 would be per gallon for my 9-12 week old pullets (I have 7 and one bantam, who happens to be the one displaying illness in the form of constant sneezing). Thank you for any help!

2. britsngrits

britsngrits Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    WV
    This is the reply I got back from the help line when I emailed them this morning:

Following is the smaller dose directions for chickens and turkeys.
    For Prevention - One teaspoonful to 2.5 gallons of water. Run this as the sole water source for 5 days.
    For Treatment - One tablespoonful to one gallon of water. Run this as the sole water source for 5 days then go clear water for 7 days. If symptoms still persist, repeat this regimen. At the treatment level, tetracycline can be a bit bitter to taste. Put a pinch of strawberry or cherry Jell-O in the water to mask the flavor.
    You must mix a fresh batch daily.

If you are giving this product to egg layers then you need to discard the eggs for a full 21 days (3 weeks) after the last dose of Duramycin 10.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Customer Service Durvet, Inc. | P.O. Box 279 | 100 S.E. Magellan Drive | Blue Springs, MO 64014Tel 816.229.9101 | Toll Free 800.821.5570 | Fax 816.224.3080
    [email protected] | www.durvet.com

If that stands true and 4 quarts equals 1 gallon then 1/4 tablespoon is 3/4 teaspoon??? Anybody else get that? I'm not the most brilliant at math... or spelling for that matter... but I have other gifts [​IMG]

3. PortlandChick

PortlandChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    Thanks for the response. I looked up their website and was able to find the recommended dose of 1 Tablespoon per gallon as well. Hope all goes well with your chickens. Our local feed store told us a lot of animals are having a hard time with our really wet spring here in the Northwest, so hoping some antibiotics and rest inside will get my little bantam red frizzle back on track!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by