Duramycin 10 HOW MUCH TO ADD

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fatboys farm, Jan 8, 2010.

1. fatboys farm

fatboys farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    Franklin GA
    the instructions are not clear on how much to add to the water. this is probably an old topic but i missed it . thanks for your help. my chickens are in good hands with this BYC crowd of eggsperts.

2. carolynb

carolynb Chicken Kisser

May 18, 2009
    Raynham
    I have been using this to treat one of my chickens. I use 1/2 teaspoon to 8 cups of water - or 1 teaspoon per gallon. I would wait for others to respond just to make sure - this is what I was told to do at the feed store [​IMG] Good luck!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What are you treating them for?

4. fatboys farm

Oct 3, 2009
    Franklin GA
    some have upper respiratory infection and two with bubbles or closed eyes. thanks specklehen.

5. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    My husband (the engineer lol) figured out the dosage and then I found it somewhere else on here in a thread: I've been using 2 tsp per gallon of water. I am just finishing up 14 days of treatment for upper respiratory and bubbly eye problems. I can happily say they are cured. I put off using it for months, trying all the natural ways and seeing if it would clear up on its own. Now I'm sorry I waited so long but glad I decided to treat them. Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  6. fatboys farm

Oct 3, 2009
    Franklin GA
    thanks carolynb and zoomommy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by