duramycin 10

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by newham0614, Sep 27, 2010.

1. newham0614

newham0614 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    I've had my flock on this since last wednesday. No eggs now. Could it be the antibiotic?

2. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    What did you have them on the antibiotic for? That would be the more likely reason.

3. newham0614

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    My partridge rock was coughing and sneezing. From what i read they don't get colds they get an upper respitory problem. That's what they were on the antibiotic for. They seem better now so i stopped the medicine. Hopefully they will start laying again.

4. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    Yes, the respitory issues would be why they stopped laying.

Do NOT stop the antibiotic before you've administered the proper dose. Just as with administering them to humans, you must get the full dose for it to be fully effective. Otherwise the birds build up a tolerance against the antibiotic and it won't work next time your really need it.

5. Causin Chaos

Causin Chaos Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2009
    I am just starting this antibiotic in my flock because I have a few sneezers and one hen that is diffently sick with watering eyes and snotty nose. I separeted her and the constant sneezer but put the whole flock on this. How long do they need to take it? I was thinking 3 days but maybe longer after reading this?

6. newham0614

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    i read somewhere 7 days

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by