Duramycin question! Please answer asap

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Morgan7782, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I am wondering if I can put Duramycin in the same waterer with a vitamin and electrolytes mix for poultry? or if I need to mix them seperately?

Can I mix Duramycin in the waterer with Apple Cider Vinegar? ANY info appreciated

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I put it in with my vitimans.

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Duramycin should be in plain water, with nothing else added.

4. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    If there is a need to use antibiotics, I don't add vitamins or vinegar or anything that may interfere with the antibiotics. As soon as the treatment period is over, I hit them hard with yogurt, probiotics, ACV, and anything else that will help boost their immune systems after treatment.

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Great I decided not to give the antibiotics tonight, JUST the vita water. I gave ACV earlier and that's what got my chicken to finally drink. Thank you for the responses they are very helpful.

What are PRObiotics??

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Yogurt is a probiotic.

Probiotic: A microbe that protects its host and prevents disease. The best-known probiotic is Lactobacillus acidophilus, which is found in yogurt, acidophilus milk, and supplements. Probiotics counter the decimation of helpful intestinal bacteria by antibiotics. Probiotics given in combination with antibiotics are therefore useful in preventing antibiotic-associated diarrhea. The yeast S. boulardii and three strains of Lactobacillus have also been shown to be useful in this regard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by