Durvet Brand-anyone used it with ducks?

FunQuail

Songster
Sep 23, 2018
Kansas
Hello everyone!
One of my ducks has been laying shell-less eggs. I feed them All Flock and free fed oyster shells. I have started adding oyster into their feed along with Purina Layer Feed (photo) another feed Nutrena Country duck feed (photo), dried mealworms, flax seed meal (for feather health, and I've only done this once, one of my ducks needs a molt her wing feathers are a bit frayed) and adding a little Nutri-Drench (photo) to their water. I haven't seen any eggs (was getting 2 shelled egg, and then of course the shell-less egg every day), we had a cold snap. I have more Poultry Booster on the way, I use that just to make sure they get some vitamins about once a month. They get treats too.
I saw the probiotics and layer boost at the store and thought I'd try those to help with laying and give my drakes the probiotic, just to make sure they're getting all the things they need. Has anyone used these with their ducks? How did it go?
Thank you and any other tips are appreciated!
Kelly

Attachments

• IMG_3188.jpg
    IMG_3188.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3190.jpg
    IMG_3190.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3196.jpg
    IMG_3196.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3197.jpg
    IMG_3197.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3194.jpg
    IMG_3194.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 6
All of these products are fine for ducks.
Are you having other issues besides the shelless eggs?
Generally, I cut out all treats when they have an issue and the only thing they get is feed to eat. I wouldn't add the oyster shell with feed, but you can offer it sprinkled on the ground so they "forage" for it. Keep it in a container offered on the side as well. I also add citracal crushed up to the oyster shell when there is an egg shell quality issue. The vitamin d in it helps them to absorb the calcium better.
How old is your duck that is laying the shelless eggs?

All of these products are fine for ducks.
Are you having other issues besides the shelless eggs?
No, the other 2 that still lay in the winter are laying normal eggs.
Generally, I cut out all treats when they have an issue and the only thing they get is feed to eat. I wouldn't add the oyster shell with feed, but you can offer it sprinkled on the ground so they "forage" for it. Keep it in a container offered on the side as well.
I do this (have a container with just oyster and I sprinkle some on the ground) and she’s still laying shell-less eggs, I feed treats here and there :idunnoprobably once a week roughly.😁
I also add citracal crushed up to the oyster shell when there is an egg shell quality issue. The vitamin d in it helps them to absorb the calcium better.
Ok thank you, is there a calcium powder powder (like what you would give reptiles) for ducks? I have reptiles so just makes me curious if there’s anything like that for ducks.
How old is your duck that is laying the shelless eggs?
She turns 2 years old in May.
Thank you!
Kelly

No, the other 2 that still lay in the winter are laying normal eggs.

I do this (have a container with just oyster and I sprinkle some on the ground) and she’s still laying shell-less eggs, I feed treats here and there :idunnoprobably once a week roughly.😁

Ok thank you, is there a calcium powder powder (like what you would give reptiles) for ducks? I have reptiles so just makes me curious if there’s anything like that for ducks.

She turns 2 years old in May.
Thank you!
Kelly
No calcium powder that I'm aware of. The difference is the vitamin d to help aid in calcium absorption.
Are you currently feeding treats? If so, what?

No calcium powder that I'm aware of. The difference is the vitamin d to help aid in calcium absorption.
Are you currently feeding treats? If so, what?
Some, mostly mixed veggies, dried mealworms, blueberries sometimes, black oil sunflower seed sometimes.
Thank you!
Kelly

I would cut out all treats for now. If any of the veggies are spinach or vegetables like that, it interferes with calcium absorption. When they have an issue, I cut out all foods except their regular feed.
I haven't fed any spinach. The mixed veggies are just corn, carrots, green beans, and peas. :confused:
Thank you for the tip!:)
Kelly

Back
Top Bottom