Durvet High Performance Poultry Pak

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pwog, Jun 29, 2011.

1. pwog

pwog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Hi All,

I bought a 4oz package of Durvet High Performance Poultry Pak (vitamins and electrolyte supplements). The instructions on the package were for an automatic watering system. So, I emailed Durvet and asked them how to dose a small flock using a waterer for chicks. They told me to use one teaspoonful to 5 gallons of water. I am using 1 quart waterers so, I just made it simple and I am using a quarter teaspoon.

I just thought I would share that info in case anyone else had that question.

pwog

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I think that's still too much [​IMG] , it would be 1/5 tsp per gallon? I just don't want you to hurt your little ones on accident, did a bunch of dividing to get the amount of electrolytes right for my birds and then rechecked it later to be sure.

3. pwog

pwog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Oops you are correct. I meant to say 1/8 of a teaspoon, but I have reduced that further to half that.

4. Megs501

Megs501 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    This just saved my brain! I bought an 8oz pack at our county farmers supply... and was fearing trying to get the measurements down from 110 gallons to a quart waterer. Thanks! =)

5. missypebble

missypebble Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Thanks pwog for starting this thread! I also just recently bought a package and I kept reading the instruction printed on the package and almost "cried" trying to understand/ convert it to use for my small flock!

6. Idoit4thechicks

Idoit4thechicks New Egg

Aug 4, 2014
    Central Illinois
    I'm new to chickens, I am expecting chicks in the mail on Friday, should I add this to their water as soon as they arrive?

7. ducklove290

ducklove290 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2015
    Cecil county, Maryland
    If I use this do I need to still use brewers yeast for my ducklings?

8. cedarcovefarm

cedarcovefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2015
    This is just the info I needed!
    Thanks for passing it along

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by