1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dusty

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by UrbanFarmChix, Apr 2, 2009.

1. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    I can't believe the amount of dust chicks make. No one warned me! What do you do to keep it down? Our chicks are in our living room and even dusting daily.... they still manage to have everything coated again by the next day. Help! I have a hatch coming up and am worried about this.
    More chicks=more dust
    Ugh

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

UNfortunately it comes with the territory. We usually try to get the chicks to the outside brooder as early as possible, but there will always be dust.

3. ScrmnWoody

ScrmnWoody Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Whatcom County, WA
    I have mine in the garage for the same reason. But, the dust is covering everything.

Next time, I think I am going to either brood them outside in a heating building or construction some sort of negative airflow tenting around their brooder.

4. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Oh I like the sound of that. Negative airflow tenting should take care of the problem. I have no idea how to make one though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by