Dutch, Future Leader...Zane's Baby Brother & Others (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jun 12, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Here he is, the chuncky little buggar with a HUGE personality, Zane's baby brother, Dutch. At 7 weeks old, Dutch really has Hawkeye's build-he's like a striped softball, LOL. Second pic is Margaret, Dutch's half sister. Also, a few other chicks from the last hatch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Those are real good looking chicks! Dutch is cute in that first photo. I hope the best for you and your flock. [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

Thanks, Angie. The only one in the pic I didn't hatch is the New Hampshire pullet in the fourth pic. I bought three from the feedstore and one is for a customer. Supposed to be pullets, anyway. One is getting pink wattles at six weeks old. Ominous.

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Dutch and Margret are so cute! I love the little New Hampshire and of course the little Ameraucana. They are looking good!

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Dutch is a handsome guy, Cyn! I love all of the pics. Did both of the Ameraucanas turn out to be pullets??

6. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    I don't mean to hijack your thread, but would tell me what you think? Feed store told me that I was getting black sex link, but this is what they are looking like now, not sex links at all. What kind and do you think "she" is a "he"? I only ask because they look just like yours (with out the large comb and waddle). They are 7 weeks old here:

[​IMG]

Thanks!

7. speckledhen

Jacky's mamma, that sure could be a sexlink cockerel. They do look like badly barred Barred Rocks.
    Jordan, looks like both the blue and the splash are pullets! I really thought the blue was a cockerel for awhile, but there is no comb at all, just flat and pale, no pink. And out of the 8 RIRs I hatched, only 1 is a cockerel, can you believe that? Its not my usual luck. All the extra cockerels are being picked up tomorrow a.m., unless I get stood up. Tom decided he might want to keep a Welsummer cockerel, just to see how it looks all grown up. Bet that boy will never leave this place if he does. [​IMG]

Dutch and Margaret have one sister, Zoe, but she was inside the coop and wouldn't come out. beefy said Margaret's name was Hotlips, but I compromised on Margaret instead, LOL.

8. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Dutch looks like a character. I love his little cocked head looking at you.

The others are cute and the RIR's are lookin good.

Sure glad you got some batteries in the camera!! We reap the benefits for sure.

Ellie

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I have decided my next three pullets have to be a blue or splash ameraucana, an exchequer leghorn, and a blue/ black/ splash or buff orph [​IMG] that blue ameraucana girl is beautiful and tell her she helped me decide I need one of her relatives. Dutch is a chunky little guy ! is he zane's full or half brother?

Henry

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  10. speckledhen

Dutch, Zane and little Mace are full brothers, all from Lexie and Hawkeye. Margaret and Zoe, that hatched with Dutch, are Hawkeye's with Amanda, one of my girls from helmstead's flock rooster (who just passed away suddenly) I wish I had gotten a pic of the splash baby. Wow, she is gorgeous! She's getting her beard now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by