1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dutch, son of Hawkeye, Future Flock Leader & Crew

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Aug 3, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He's about 14 weeks old now, almost ready to go into the main flock with his coop-mates. Here he is today with a few pals:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

What a little man! Good looking bird there Cyn! As a matter of fact, they all look good....as usual!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Nice [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    What a handsome fellow Cyn! Just like his brother Zane. [​IMG]

5. BinkysBarn

BinkysBarn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2008
    Alabama
    we used to have a BEAUTIFUL ameraucana rooster named hawkeye. he was the meanest thing! to get the eggs you would have to take a trashcan lid and a broom to keep him off.

is yours a barred rock?

6. injunjoe

injunjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    Fine looking bird! The others will [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] oh now he is pretttttttyyyy!!!!

8. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Gosh he's a looker!

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow he is great looking and so are his ladies a new bunch of layers coming up huh?

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, Dutch is a Barred Rock, my favorite breed. He has two half sisters (same dad, diff mom) in his little flock of teens, Zoe and Margaret. Henry, he has a pretty large bunch his age, inc 4 RIRs, 2 New Hampshires, 2 Ameraucanas, his two sisters, and 2 Welsummers and the Buff Orp girl. Then Mace, the GLW, SLW and Panda are a couple of weeks younger than Dutch's group. And my Easter Egger, June, is a month older than Dutch's group and she's in with them.
    Binky, my Hawkeye was the absolute ideal rooster to have. His legacy is living on in his three sons I have and daughters. The older one, Zane, is the one who was injured and I'm having my doubts that he'll fully recover and be able to be in the flock with his brothers. Dutch has the best barring of the three, though, and I'm hoping he'll be a calm, laid back ruler like his dad.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by