Dutchess County fair in New York. Will you be there?

No but it sure brings back memories--I once shook Eisenhower's hand at the Dutchess County Fair--that was when he was running for Prez. Grew up in Germantown and that was the big fair for us although we used to go to Chatham for the Columbia Co. fair and spend the week showing calves--not mine, a neighbor's--I was the designated shoveler.

I wish I could be.
hmm.png

I was hoping to possibly meet some BYC'ers at the fair.
Wow woodmort "Eisenhower" pretty neat.
Fluffycolor, sorry you can't be there. My oldest son was there today to see the tractor pull competition. He had a great time.

We skip the DC Fair and go to the Chatham Fair (Columbia Co.). Everything south of Red Hook, heading west to the bridge is congested because of the fair. The Chatham Fair is smaller, we think it's more tuned to agriculture. People say "excuse me" when they bump into you.

Quote:
Kinda dates me doesn't it? Used to be we'd go to the fairgrounds on nonfair weekends for the stock car races too.

Quote:
Kinda dates me doesn't it? Used to be we'd go to the fairgrounds on nonfair weekends for the stock car races too.

You don't look old.
smile.png
And remember you are only as old as you feel.
wink.png

I wish I would have known about it sooner! I would have gone, DH & I usually hit that area yearly.............we try to anyway. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom