Dux R Us...but we luv chickens too!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Channah, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Channah

Channah New Egg

Dec 11, 2011
    [​IMG] Hi. I'm Channah. Pronounced like "Hannah" but gutteral. [​IMG] I joined because I saw you were starting a new Muscovy Duck forum
    and I'd like to be a part of that. I love ALL animals but I got started w/ helping our local Muscovite Ducks, here in Jacksonville, FL when I seemed to be the only one who cared or who even knew anything about them. Learning is easy, folks! Several years ago I started taking in "lame" baby ducks and have been entirely sucessful w/ them since it's only a nutritional deficiency caused by a lack of B vits. and Ca2+. I have moved on to taking in the sick, the injured, the down trodden. I do whatever I can for these amazing and most misunderstood animals. I've found that ALL animals turn out to be amazing if you just give them a chance.
    Presently, I live in a second story apartment that does NOT allow DUCKS in the apt. Oh pashaw! No good Anarchist, Ex-Weather Underground member is gonna listen to...well...anybody if their thinking is deemed askew! Hashem, (G-d) has given me this gift that allows me a special sense of understanding and empathy when it comes to our animal brethren and I cannot sqaunder it! As a Jew living a Torah life (as orthodox Chabad Lubavitch) I am obligated to help any and every animal that I can. And they DO "come" to me. It's kind of weird sometimes, but I have accepted this mantel.
    Ok, so I'm known as The Duck Maven. Oy vey.....mashugginaugh. All "my" ducks are Yiddishkeitz...From Ya-akov, to Mordechai to Schmuley, Ruth, Leah, Sarah, etc. I am here to say a Bracha for them and to feed them every day. Presently, I have Mordechai here, in hospital, a huge Musco drake that hit or was hit by a car last Weds. He is healing as we speak. I also have, Yum-Yum, my indoor young Muscovy drake...we are anxiously awaiting a custom made diaper....I got him as a 5 d.o. hatchling. He has only one surviving clutchmate who lives outside w/ The Flock. Catch us on Facebook at AnaHannah. Lots of great pics![​IMG] Shalom Aleichem, ChannahBracha

2. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Welcome to BYC! Injured/orphan animals are attracted to me as well, so I understand your passion for helping them. [​IMG]

3. checoukan

checoukan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Columbus, Ks.
    [​IMG] from Kansas!!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

That is an inspiring intro.

Imp

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hello Channah! [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

6. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

7. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

Warning: BYC can become seriously addicting!! [​IMG]

8. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

My name is Hannah too. [​IMG] Welcome!

[​IMG]

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008