1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DW bought me a Brinsea Oct 20 Advance EX for Valentine's Day...now THAT'S love!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Keith, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Chicken Keith

Chicken Keith Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This autohumidity pump "thingy" was tricky. The photo is poor, but there's a tube that's wrapped around a rotating head on the top. It's black. I had to double the tube around the pump to make the tube taught. I discovered the tube must be taught in order to draw water from the reservoir below. So as the head rotates, it "grabs' water inside the tube and sends it down the line. Has anyone else had trouble with this pump?

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have three of those incubators and one of 'em gives me a little trouble sometimes. I have more trouble cutting the flexible tubing to the exactly correct length to draw the water; just that one unit. I also leave the old, used tubing intact after I turn the incubator off. Otherwise I get confused with the correct wind "shape" and so I need to duplicate the old pattern with the new, fresh tubing the next time I use it.

I think you got a keeper there - that's a fantastic Valentine's Day gift!

3. Chicken Keith

Chicken Keith Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! Yeah, I hear ya on that dadgum tubing. I was expecting something a little more design friendly, but I suppose it does the trick, ok. I wonder if I can succeed at hatching peafowl in this? I think Peafowl are the hardest birds to hatch, but then I've never tried to hatch parrots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by