Dwarf bobwhite quail?

pigeons in ak

Songster
6 Years
Oct 15, 2013
Alaska
The coturnix is a day older than the bobwhite

The parents of the Bobwhite quail chick are bigger than the parents of the coturnix quail chick

Is this normal or is it a dwarf?

Wow...if there is only one day between these two birds, then that bob is a runt. He must REALLY be tiny! I would keep him in another brooder with a temp a few degrees higher than the others. These little guys can catch up over time, but they need more heat and care than the others. I would keep him about 5 degrees warmer than the other quail and lower it by 3 or 4 degrees each week for a couple weeks. I would also add some vitamins to his water or even probiotics to boost his immune system. He may start to sprout up in a few weeks.

Good luck with this baby!

Wow...if there is only one day between these two birds, then that bob is a runt. He must REALLY be tiny! I would keep him in another brooder with a temp a few degrees higher than the others. These little guys can catch up over time, but they need more heat and care than the others. I would keep him about 5 degrees warmer than the other quail and lower it by 3 or 4 degrees each week for a couple weeks. I would also add some vitamins to his water or even probiotics to boost his immune system. He may start to sprout up in a few weeks.

Good luck with this baby!
I keep him with his sidling witch is 6 days younger but the same size

Back
Top Bottom