Dwarf hamster is lost!!

Abriana

Spicy Sugar Cookie
6 Years
Apr 26, 2017
The moon
I fed my two Robotovski dwarf hamsters this morning and left the cage open by mistake. I feel like such a dummy!! I found one of them but one is still missing. I found instructions online as to how to make a trap for them and it is set by my fridge which is where I found the first one. I have food and seeds for her there too (all food is in one location by and in the trap). Has this ever happened to anyone? How did you find your hamster?? I’m really worried about her! Hopefully she’ll come out tonight and I’ll get her.

We have no idea. We think that their instincts take over like a mouse. We thought she definitely had to have died but she was fatter than ever! ;)
This makes me feel a bit better, at least. I figure she’ll come to the kitchen because that’s where the food is. If the homemade trap doesn’t work then I will buy one.

BTDT!

She'd get out, usually by means of a small child, and we'd struggle to catch her for weeks at a time.

It was typical to be watching late night TV and catch sight of her zipping across the living room.
Definitely caused a few friends to choke on popcorn.

I did eventually find her preferred nest, where I could go fetch her from when she got out. It was in a pile of Terry cloth towel cuts inside my sewing cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom