Dwarf horse for sale in Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lilchick, Nov 1, 2010.

1. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    An adorable little yard ornament or house pet. He is 23.5 inches tall. Very sweet little boy. No shipping but willing to meet part way.. No need for a horse trailer..He can ride in suv or
    large dog carrier!

2. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Oh my goodness he is cute!

3. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    What a doll !!!!!!!!!!!

4. WVchick71

WVchick71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    Awww..if my daughter saw this she would be going nuts over him. How cute!

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    How old is he? Is he neutered? What health problems does he have? I know dwarf's often have a host of health problems with their bites, hoofs, legs, etc. He is awfully cute, but before spending that kind of money, I would want to know what I am in for as far as vet bills, farrier, etc.

6. lilchick

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Buster is 6 years old and still all boy. He came from normal sized parents that threw dwarves. I bought him from the Amish as well as his dwarf brother Lester who now resides in Arkansas..
    No health problems and he eats what the larger horses do as well as Safe Choice pellet feed.. He does have issues with his hooves but gets regular trimmings and gets around fine. If you need any more ? answered just e-mail me.
    Please no slamming on here. If you know dwarves than you take the problems and care for them and love them despite their looks. Buster is really a sweet horse and likes to roam the yard and eat grass. He also likes to come up to garage to see if I have any treats stored there!

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OMG..i need that little man.. [​IMG] Wait till i show hubby the pic.. tee hee hee
    What are the health risks with dwarfs? Are they more prone to bloat or colic?
    What are the issues with is hooves? Will they affect him when he's older?
    How are they in the winter? Do you have to heat their house?
    How long do the little guys live?

I may be interested in him..maybe.. if i can get some info on him. Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I am not slamming, I really wanted to know. I know someone with a dwarf and she has lots of problems, but she told me some are mild, some are severe. Since you didn't mention any details, I asked. I asked publicly because I think there are some who do not know that dwarfs have problems are might rush into it without researching it. It sounds like Buster is pretty healthy, that is great. I wouldn't mind having him myself as a pasture pet, but not sure I could swing it right now. He is very tempting though with his sweet little face! [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Noooo, hes mine! Stay away! (kidding)
    ... tee hee hee.. [​IMG]
    He IS adorable.. [​IMG]

10. lilchick

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    As long as you watch his diet and do not overfeed he will be fine. No issues with bloat or colic. Watch that he does not get a pot belly from too much hay...
    He does not need a heated barn cause he grows the woolies each winter. you will need to shovel him a path to the water trough and feeder after even a light snow! [​IMG]
    They can live 20 plus years if you care for them correctly.
    You will need to keep his hooves trimmed often as they grow fast as well as his fur. I trim his tail often because he steps on it or sometimes I do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by