D'ya ever get the idea that your chickens are mocking you?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Uzuri, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Because I know mine are.

One little lady squatted for me this weekend -- but she won't do it again. She justs puffs up and gets up in my face when I reach for her (like "Hi! Whatcha doin'?"). And I caught her peeking in the chicken door while I was looking to see if she'd laid an egg and she was laughing at me. I swear it! Head back and eyes crinkled, the whole nine yards.

2. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Yup, mine do. They follow me wherever I go, and when I turn around, they act like they just happened to be there!

3. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    mine chickens dont really. but my guineas and peacock sure do. if i try to catch them and they run away they start laughing also. lmao.

4. seramaland2

seramaland2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    bethel,ohio
    they're always snickering.

5. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    One of my RIR's (lucy) she likes to come into the house. Today she flew to the top step and just looked at me like, "what?" and jumped into the house and started walking around like she owned the place.

6. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    and all my chickies got out today (without me knowing) and I put them away (well i thought I did) they all started squawking like there was a snake or a hawk or something for about 10 minutes or so. We went out there... I guess one of their friends didn't get put away and was roaming the yard. They were SO jealous! [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When are they NOT mocking me?!? [​IMG]

8. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Glad to see I'm not alone in this XD

And seremaland -- "snickering" is definitely the word for it. Much better than just plain laughing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by