Dyed easter chick Mystery. Update photo 8/25

Sakai

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Most of the colored chicks I see around easter are solid colors and they turn white as soon as their feathers come in.
Yesterday when I went to buy a few chicks, my DF spotted the bin of colored chicks for easter and had to have one, A few there were not solid, but had strange patterns on them, so he bought one of those.
Not until later, when we got home did we notice that the red colored chick's patterns looked a little bit like my light Ameraucuna.

Could it be that this isn't a standard white chicken...but a dyed Ameraucana? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

27401_chicks1.jpg

27401_chicks.jpg

Sorry for this one being so blurry >_<
27401_img_0204.jpg

Last edited:
My DS and DD were given a dyed chick each--one is a white bantam of some sort (dyed blue) and the other is an EE. It has chipmunk striping and huge cheek fluffs! So cute. It was dyed pink.
roll.png

Could yours be a brown leghorn? I don't see any cheek fluff, but it could be the pic angle. What ever it is, it's cute!

Edited for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got a dyed EE last year. It was bright orange and turned out to be a beautiful red and white roo. At least at our feed store, the colored ones are always male.

Back
Top Bottom