dying at the moment...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LittleChickenGirl2011, Oct 16, 2011.

1. LittleChickenGirl2011

LittleChickenGirl2011 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2011
    it cant breathe... i just basically revived it. Its caughing up clear goop... what do i do???? gah....

2. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Wow that sounds awful. I wish I could help. Others will want to help but they will need more info such as what led up to this, other symptoms, age of chick, etc. Good luck..

3. LittleChickenGirl2011

Oct 16, 2011
    no other symptoms... it breathes shallow, it caughs up clear, stops breathing, i revive it... i need help tho...

its only a day or two old... poor baby...

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Sounds like it is vomiting water?

Is that right?

5. Davian

Davian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Vermont, USA
    Doesn't sound too good...especially with a new chick. You should always expect to lose at least 1-2 chicks due to various issues. They're very fragile at this point.

Good luck.

6. LittleChickenGirl2011

Oct 16, 2011
    maybe water, i dont know... and ive lost more than 2. two have intestines coming out of them... one has already died of that, one died and i dont know why, this one has almost, and then several died in their eggs. two died as soon as they hatched.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  7. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    That sounds awful. [​IMG]

8. LittleChickenGirl2011

Oct 16, 2011
    is there anything i can do? i filled its lungs when its breaths stopped, and gently pressed and more stuff came out... i did that again till it started breathing again...

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:Sorry I have never seen vomiting of water in a chick. I have seen it in older hens on a hot day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by