1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

dying babi

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dinkydotoyou, Mar 15, 2013.

1. dinkydotoyou

dinkydotoyou New Egg

Mar 8, 2013
    OK I bought 4 easter eggers from farm and fleet on Monday..1st night one died,,Next day another got sick I thought she was blind she died..Now another that was very active is dying ,,One more left..I called farm and fleet told them what was happening..Said what you want me to do about it..I said I'm just warning you these chicks are sick..He said it was a bad hatch because of the weather in missouri..He said it happens...I am so mad these poor things are active then just start swaying ,staggering then lay down and die

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I'm so Sorry [​IMG] Try giving them some vitamins and electrolytes. If you can't pick up a package of Sav-A-Chick at the Fleet store you can give them some children's Poly-vi-sol vitamins and pedialyte (sp?) You can cook a egg and mash it up and add a small amount of sugar water to it for tonight. You may have to hold the chick to encourage it to eat. Hope it makes it.

3. dinkydotoyou

dinkydotoyou New Egg

Mar 8, 2013
    I gave the others the electrolytes ..I'll try the egg and sugar,,thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by