Dying Chickens

Mads Blake

Hatching
Jun 1, 2020
I have had two chickens die in the past week face down no blood no nothing they stopped leaving the coop before the died(free ranged) But one of them still layed eggs i have new chicks that have to go in soon and I don't want them to sick if that's whats happening any idea whats wrong? I had the same problem last year where I lost 5 hens same way.

I have had two chickens die in the past week face down no blood no nothing they stopped leaving the coop before the died(free ranged) But one of them still layed eggs i have new chicks that have to go in soon and I don't want them to sick if that's whats happening any idea whats wrong? I had the same problem last year where I lost 5 hens same way.

I just wrote with a similar situation. And need to have a reply before I put the next batch of new chicks in. I will be eager to hear what you are told.

Not sure who you are addressing, but in my case - questioning the strand board and heat - last years chicks were about 4 weeks old - they were cheery and ate and drank well before I moved them - and 24 hours later they were dead, on their sides, scattered about the coop area. This year's batch were about 3 weeks old - same situation. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I had too much heat and the strand board is not the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom