1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

dying chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bcf45, Mar 7, 2009.

1. bcf45

bcf45 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    i ordered 10 mille fluer dutch bantams and some others from ideal the mille fluers are dying one by one and the others are doing fine anyone having this problem.

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Do you have a light for them? Did you dip their beaks to show them how to drink? Are you giving them Sulmet in the water or medicated food for Coccidia?

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    the bantams are more fragile and can die after being chilled from shipping. I lost 6 of my silkies 2 a day from the day they arrived and each day after with no symptoms. After speaking with Ideal they said it was from getting chilled in shipment and that it is more common with Bantams. Sorry this is happeneng it should stop ny the 4th day or so. I did vitamins and all that but nothing helped. Ideal will refund your money if you ask. They were VERY nice about it. All the standard size chicks I got did not have this problem.

4. bcf45

bcf45 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    yes did all that. mine black tail buff dutch are doing great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by