dying chook coulors ( with food dye )

TheRoostergirl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 22, 2013
i want to dye my white leghorn cross rhode island white hen pink with food dye but how do i do it ? please hep

white, and i want to have an original unique hen and we bought her from a hatchery and they said it was a cockerel ( rooster chick ) but now she has started laying and my siblings have started calling her gay and a rooster-hen so i changed her name to regina and want to dye her pink so theyll stop and it would be unique and my little baby:):):)

Well no matter what you do to that chicken, your siblings will tease. Make it pink and they will just say that figures cause he's gay. :)
Anyhooo...... so how about trying that temporary hair color you can get at the drugstore? It even comes with an applicator so you can be more precise. And you could do lots of colors. Heck make her rainbow striped and tell your siblings they must have been right about the gay thing! That will take the wind out of their sails! :)
If it doesn't hurt us to use it, it should be safe on your chicken's fathers. You HAVE to post pics if you do it!

white, and i want to have an original unique hen and we bought her from a hatchery and they said it was a cockerel ( rooster chick ) but now she has started laying and my siblings have started calling her gay and a rooster-hen so i changed her name to regina and want to dye her pink so theyll stop and it would be unique and my little baby:)
smile.png
smile.png

I would think that laying eggs should be proof enough that it is a hen.

No need to do something unusual like dying a hen pink to prove it is a girl. Your siblings are just teasing you. Don't take it out on your hen.

Back
Top Bottom