Dying in the incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by EricaVaughn, Mar 6, 2015.

1. EricaVaughn

EricaVaughn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2015
    Hi, I really need help! This is my first time incubating eggs and it was going well most had hatched and were looking good. I woke up on morning after a few had hatch and one had died. I'm so confused its was doing great the night before and now one is about to die again I don't know whats going on or what to do.

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Do you have your vents open? Is your brooder set up? If your brooder is set up and warm switch them to the brooder and provide some sugar water or some water with sav a chick in it.

3. EricaVaughn

Mar 6, 2015
    I was told to leave them in the incubator for 24 hours but after the second one died I moved them. thank you.

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I move mine to my brooders once they are up and running. If they are hatched late at night I will leave them in until morning, but I will not leave them in for 24 hours. I keep the humidity up in my bator (75%) at lockdown and hatch so that I am confident when I open it, chances of it causing problems are low. Whether to leave them in or take them out is a personal decision. I feel the biggest factor in making the decision is what you keep your humidity at.

5. EricaVaughn

Mar 6, 2015
    ok thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by