Dying plant!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dianacatz, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Dianacatz

Dianacatz Chillin' With My Peeps

I need to find out what is wrong with a plant I own because it's leaves have been dropping off and it has lost some colour. I think it might be salt in the soil that is causing the plant to die and I am wondering if there is a possible way to save it. I have been flushing out the soil and will see if it helps. I am not an expert in this so I need help soon.
    Thanks.

Wishes,
    Diana

2. politicalcenter

politicalcenter Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2015
    Is it a ficus tree? If it is this happens when they are moved. If not it could be a number of things. I would re pot it in good soil and make sure it is getting the right amount of fertilizer, water and light I hope this helps.

3. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Flushing may overwater the plant, so I'd give that up. Where is the plant located? Can you post a picture of it?

Regards,
    Leaf

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Why do you think it is salt? It could be, but why? Those are also signs of over-watering or too much fertilizer. Where is the plant and have you moved it lately. It is not hardened off and you moved it outside it could be stressed by wind, sun, or maybe it froze.

Some more information could certainly help. A photo, when did this start, and what is different than before? Plus what is the plant? Is it in a pot or in the ground?

5. Dianacatz

Dianacatz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry I did not reply. I have moved the plant outside and it is showing signs of recovery. The same is happening to another plant of ours which is also kept inside now. This is very odd as we keep quite a few small plants and it is only these two which are deteriorating. The plant is in a pot and has drainage. I don't remember when this happened but I remember the plant drying up and losing some colour. I will make sure to post a picture soon.
    (And recheck the plant name as I forgot)

Wishes,
    Diana

6. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

If it was outside, perhaps temperature change, very hot or very cold transitions in a short period of time, may be the cause of leaves dropping or discoloration.

Regards,
    Leaf

7. politicalcenter

politicalcenter Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2015
    Have you tried super thrive? Sometimes it works wonders.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by