Dying??

Daedric Rooster

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2015
One of our Silkies has been acting strange. She doesn't do much, and yesterday our neighbor found her huddled in a tree across the street. Any ideas? She doesn't seem sick.

No clue. There was a raccoon in the yard the other day, but it wasn't anywhere near the coop. Our hens are free range chickens, and the raccoon was up by the house where the hens were. We ended up shooting it because it was out during the day, and we thought it might be sick. Anyway, she was across the street again today. She's been eating and drinking like normal. Do you think she's just getting old?

She's doing a little better, but if there's something serious I want to fix it before she ends up getting hit by a car. Should I separate her from the flock so I can keep an eye on her?

my chickens cross the road all the time, cars pretty much just slow down, the drivers probably think it's kind of kawaii.

She disappeared. There's no sign of her anywhere. If she crawled off and died across the street, I would be so embarrassed. Thank you anyway, though.

Back
Top Bottom