E bay eggs aren't hatching anyone used Ideal Poultry

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sheepgal, Aug 21, 2008.

1. sheepgal

sheepgal Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2008
    Lexington Indiana
    My E bay eggs have not hatched. I really want chicks and found them online at Ideal Poultry. Anyone used this hatchery? Are they dependable. Can't take anymore disappointments.

2. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have used them once. My son wanted some silkies so he bought some from there and they all got here alive and well. They are now a year old.
    Chris

3. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    i've ordered several different kinds of chicks and ducklings from ideal. VERY NICE birds, very dependable and even when i called multiple times to add something to my order, they were very helpful and always very nice. i wouldn't order from anyone else!!

also, i ordered some sexed pullets and all of them are indeed girls!!

4. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I ordered two different shipments in 2006 from them with a total of 80 chicks. Gorgeous animals. I just got another shipment in this morning from them. Couldn't be more pleased. I can't wait for them to grow out and fluff up!

5. sticks22

sticks22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Grove, oklahoma
    Ive ordered from them this past March. I ordered 10 RIR hens 2 RIR roo's and 2 Dominiques and 2 Buttercups. I ordered 1 hen and 1 roo dominiques, but they sent me 2 dom. roo's.
    Total order was 16 chickens all together. 1 of the chicks that I ordered died after a few days of arrival. So I emailed them and told them what had happened and they refunded me a couple of dollars for the cost of the dead chick.
    Then the buttercup roo died about 2 months ago from the heat, I suppose, not really sure though. But if I had to judge them on a scale of 1-10. Id give them a 8. I think that I am gonna order from someone else next time just to see if everyone elses service is the same.
    I dont wanna sound like Im against them. But you should expect a few mistakes when ordering any chicks that arent fully grown to fiqure out the exact sex of you order. Mistakes can and will happen! Other than that they responed to each and every email that I sent them and they were very curtious too.

6. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    All my birds are from Ideal (except s few ducks we hatched). They are gorgeous birds. My RIRs are a nice mahogany like they should be. I've only ever gotten 2 accidental roos from them. Are you wanting to try their hatching eggs or just buy chick?

7. sheepgal

sheepgal Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2008
    Lexington Indiana
    WOW! Thank you so much for the info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by