e Male or femaie

JJchiknshak

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2010
wellsburg, Wv.

This is a meat bird. I got 2 of them at the same time from TSC.
This one is different from any other meat birds I've ever seen. It has white legs instead of yellow, and has a taller leaner stance.

I have a small breeding idea.goal in mind. I'd like to cross a meat if it's at all possible with some dual purpose birds, and try to breed a beefier dual purpose bird. Do you think it's possible?

These guys are being raised with normal birds, and not being treated like meat birds. they get to forage just like everyone else. I'm hoping the exercise will help them live longer.

Last edited:
This is a facinating bird. If it weren't for the straight comb and long legs, I'd say it's a young pure Cornish.

I wonder if TSC is buying from a hatchery that is working on it's own line of free-ranging meat-birds. They're growing in popularity right now (like with the Red Freedom Rangers) as people get more concientious about the quality of life for their meaties. I know I always feel pity for Cornish Crosses, they look so miserable.

Last edited:
Go check out the meat bird section--lots of threads there of folks breeding their own meaties from cornish cross or other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom