1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eager Duck Mom

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LadyIsadora, Mar 22, 2015.

1. LadyIsadora

LadyIsadora Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    I just cant stand the wait! Ducklings are expected in the morning. Brooder is ready & heating up. Hurry up MORNING!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. LadyIsadora

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    In my best "Charlie Brown' voice= UUUUUUUGGGGG! I just re-read the order and expected delivery is Wednesday! Not tomorrow. What fresh hell is this? The waiting IS in fact the hardest part. [​IMG]

4. LadyIsadora

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    Meanwhile, I cant seem to get "Dim" or "Sum" off the pond. They just turned 4 weeks old and get free rnun of the backyard for several hours a day, in sessions. These sessions usually go like this. Play in the watering holes mom refreshed for us when we came out of the coop. Dive for the peas in each one. Act like we are looking for slugs, snails & the like. As soon as mom turns her head, make a B-Line for the pond. Spend the rest of the time playing diving & watching the birds till mom shoos us off the pond so the dogs can come out. They could not be less interested in foraging.

5. LadyIsadora

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    Ducklings finally arrived. Yeah. [​IMG] they sent me a blind duck. [​IMG]

6. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Where did you order from? Have you contacted them? They are all very cute!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  7. LadyIsadora

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    From Metzer. Im about to take back everything I have said that was nice about them. I have not contacted them yet. I want to cool down a bit & see how the other two that are looking pretty feeble are in an hour or so. They didn't bother to put in any extra birds to cover losses. Is is common to just put One little dixie cup of grow gel for 12 birds? and that is what Im paying 55 cents per bird extra for? I couldnt see a trace of stuff in the cup, so if there was anything in it it was consumed. I need to go mellow out.

8. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Deep breaths. Yes, the grow gel does come in a little cup. Extras are extras and should not be expected. If they don't have any they won't send any. Sorry for the little guy. They usually have very good customer service.

9. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    are both of his eyes like that [​IMG]

10. LadyIsadora

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    No, just the one. It doesn't look fresh or traumatized.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by