Ear hole swollen, Fowl Pox is running through the coop

jjaazzy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2013
Davie, Fl
I raise chickens, and it's been a good healthy year, the temperatures for us humans was terrible but great if your 8 to 16 week old chicken. So this past week I see the signs of fowl pox on the babies, I didn't think the mosquito were bad this year, they sent an aerial plane over to spray, love when they do this, all creatures happy, myself included. So now I see I have some birds that are acting like they are being effected, just sitting there not eating or drinking. I am seeing the typical warty bumps. but so close to the eyes and they eyes look like they are runny and painful. and one has a very swollen ear hole. I have never seen anything like this. Probably have not seen the babies get effected like this before, just older birds. What meds can I give them? I have some meds I purchased for respiratory issues. I have treated the few birds eyes with eye drops. I gave one some Poultry drench this morning and it is now eating. I am concerned with the ear hole bird it looks painful, I gave it some poultry drench to get it back eating.
Thoughts?

All that you can do is try to make the birds comfortable while the virus runs its course. Anti biotic ointment to soften the lesions may help them feel more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom