ear infections SO PAINFUL they are back again

I have to disagree with the advice to put drops of anything in your ear...unless a doctor has seen that there are no perforations in your ear drum and tells you to put drops in there, DON'T. My ENT says to never put anything in your ear, except your elbow
wink.png
. He has been my ENT since I was a small child. Seriously, I have had numerous surgeries on my ears--tubes, tubes, more tubes, ear drums replaced with vein from my arm, now I am severely hearing impared. Nothing, short of a toothache, hurts like an earache. Best advice...go see a doctor. You probably need antibiotics. You have my sympathies and my prayers.

I get an ear infection at least 2-3 times a year.... almost died of an ear infection at age 15.

There is only one way for me to get rid of an ear infection anymore

1. Use AFRIN (or another potent decongestant) and keep your nose clean and clear so that your eustation tubes can drain.

2. Buy some Musinex and take it at least twice a day. (3 or 4 times would be preferable) it's over the counter now. (Guafiesen tablets)

3. LOTS of Vitamin C.... I do 3000mg twice a day when my ear gets bad.

4. If it's painful, it's infected and you need antibiotics. Get a physician to call you in some generic Ceftin500mg, 17 tabs, 2 stat followed by one tab every 12 hours. Kelex also works well.
If you are allergic to Penecillin, then Biaxin is the next best alternative. (10% of those allergic to PCNs are also allergic to Cefalosporins-- ceftin/keflex)

The above will take the pain and infection away within 3 days. I'm on day 4 of the above at present and my left ear is clearning.

Good luck and God bless.

alright everyone here is my update sorry i havent been on here and checking your posts on this but i went to the er and waited 5 hours for not even 5 minutes in the doctors office they said nothing appeared to be wrong with my ears and said my throat looks horrible but it doesnt hurt at all so they said i should go to the clinic and get my tonsils taken out. i got back at 2 in the morning and fell asleep by 3 because the medicine they gave me just knocked me out but my ears feel worse than ever and i woke up at about 8 screaming from the pain i cant take this much longer it hurts so bad. thanks everyone for your concern i have insurance and it payed everything they just gave me a prescription of Tylenol 3s and some huge pill that i cant even pronounce or spell which ill pick that up tonight thats the only time i can but the stuff that they gave me didnt do anything for my ear pains it made me go to sleep.

Well I have 2 ear infections (both ears) and a sinus infection, went to the Doc's and got aniibiotics but I can't take anything over the counter for pain/drainage as I am breast feeding, MISERY needs company! LOL

I was pregnant when I had terrible ear pain.I used a heating pad and some garlic/mullien oil drops.You can make garlic oil drops on your own.Just need to be sure the ear drum has not ruptured. If I had not been pregnant I might have tried conventional meds to ease the pain.Speedy healing!!!!

Oh and I have read of breast milk in the ears to clear up infection.I know-weird-but some swear by it!

Quote:
The T-3's should help with the pain. I took them when I had an abscessed tooth, the only pain I've had thats been much, much worse than my ear infections. I sure hope you start feeling better soon!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom