Earbuds

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, May 20, 2011.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I am looking for a good quality earbuds that can put out more sound (make it louder) for my laptop and CD player. I'm hard of hearing going deaf and some of the earbuds are not as loud like I wanted them or they are too "soft". If you can read audiologist chart, my sound levels are somewhere in the 70's and 80's and high pitches are lost.

What brands out there that can produce loudness and clarity of sound without blowing the speakers?

I am not worried about my hearing, it's been damaged since birth (nerve damage by premie birth and too much oxygen at the time..they didnt know the damage effect on premies at that time backin the 60's) so it would not affect anything more what I don't hear and wear hearing aids anyway. I know I would not expect to hear everything but those headphones are powerful for me but other people can hear it while earbuds probably won't either or muted someway.

2. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Skullcandy and Bose are both good. I'm using Skullcandy headphones right now. I did have a pair of their Ink'd earbuds, but one of the cats chewed them up. [​IMG] They put out a lot of sound and cancel out background noise. I've never had Skullcandies blow out on me either.

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I was pleasantly surprised by some Phillips earbuds I got one day on sale. I have an MP3 player that doesn't let the sound get loud enough to hear things over traffic, people talking, the wind blowing, etc. But, those were great! I can now have my music up to a normal level and even louder if I want to.

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Boss are good quality.

5. newgoosegirl

newgoosegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    I also had some Skullcandy Ink'd, and they did quite well. I don't listen to music loud, but I could use them as makeshift speakers if I wanted. I liked them, even bought another pair after my goose ate the first pair. [​IMG]

Right now I have over the ear headphones, sennheiser hd202, and the sound is nicer, they didn't cost much, and they're more comfortable. I think the reviews say they can go pretty loud...this is probably not what you're looking for though, just a thought.

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I have some Sony earbuds I really like. I paid about $30.00 for them at Best Buy. I use them at the shop and they have held up remarkably well.

7. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by