Earliest Day You've Had an Egg Hatch

I went down to check on my chicken to see how she was doing with the eggs I seen she was off the eggs so I went to check on the eggs and one was cracked open I could see blood and it only had five more days until it made 21 days I didn't know what to do I didn't want to bury it because when you watched the egg carefully it was moving like it was breathing I didn't want to bury because you could see it was still alive the only thing I knew to do was stick it back underneath the hen so I did..did I do the right thing? im afraid she might peck at it but I didn't know what else to do.
hu.gif

My first hatch had all 5 chicks pop out on day 18. They were shipped eggs, arrived in Phoenix, at the beginning of August.

Were they early, or did they incubate in transport? We will never know....

Last edited:
The earliest I have had one to break the shell was mid day 17. He hatched on day 18 late. But I have had one hatch on day 18 early. If that doesn't count just let me know. Thanks
smile.png

All 5 of mine hatched on day 19. It was really hot here though-- I have one more broody "due" soon, and I'll be expecting hers around day 18 or 19 because it's even hotter.

Back
Top Bottom