Earlobes Changing Colors?

WallyBirdie

Songster
Aug 2, 2019
My bantam Sebright's earlobes have been a healthy red since she hit a point of lay. But I recently noticed that her lobes are changing colors... It looks like that on both sides.
Is this something I should be concerned about?
She acts healthy, eats normal, and lays daily.

20191208_213156.jpg

Last edited:

Trimurtisan

Chief Chicken Choker
May 22, 2019
A cypress swamp in FL
My 55 Flowery hen's earlobes change a bit, but nothing like that. They have a yellow tint that sometimes seems to fade to the base white, but never have they changed to a color like that. I hope your little lady is okay. Best of wishes to you both on figuring it out.

WallyBirdie

Songster
Aug 2, 2019
My 55 Flowery hen's earlobes change a bit, but nothing like that. They have a yellow tint that sometimes seems to fade to the base white, but never have they changed to a color like that. I hope your little lady is okay. Best of wishes to you both on figuring it out.
I know it's okay for them to turn whitish. But this color is new to me. I read somewhere that metallic bluish is okay... but this is somewhere between blue and purple.
I know black is generally bad, but this doesn't look black.

My first thought was that maybe it had something to do with lower temperature because this is her first winter, but the others are all fine/normal, and temps are hanging in the 50s. Not too bad. And there is no frostbite or anything. She's not doing the 'stand on one leg because I'm cold' stance.

I'm hoping this is an oddity and not some health problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom