1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Early Bantam breed guesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Arztwolf, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Arztwolf

Arztwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas
    Got these little guys this morning form a local mom and pop who gets them from Ideal. More pics when they are older and used to their new home.
    [​IMG]

Most are clean legged, the slate grey one in the middle has light feather on it's legs. The black one has a white puff on his head. All are four toed.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. CoopDeDoo

CoopDeDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    Quote:The black one with poof is a Polish (I believe white crested black). The slate grey may be a cochin - does it have a straight comb? You could go on Ideals website and see what type of bantams they sell for more guesses! Have fun with your little ones :)

3. Arztwolf

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas

4. CoopDeDoo

CoopDeDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arztwolf [​IMG]

It does have a straight comb. And they are "little ones"! This is my first time with bantam chicks and they are TINY compared to what I'm used to.

Wow - Ideal has quite a mix of bantams: http://www.idealpoultry.com/assortment.html So your slate grey one could also be a porcelian d'uccle although I am leaning cochin They only sell one polish bantam - white crested black Pic # 3 - check out Ideals "Black tail buff dutch" They all have a little colored spot on their head likes this one Pic #2 - sicilian buttercup I am clueless on the rest - they could be so many different chicks. Do they all have straight combs or are there any pea or rosecombs?

5. Arztwolf

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by