Early bird lays the egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Morgan7782, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    lol! My wyandotte pullet finally laid her first egg on monday, she took a break yesterday but today she went STRAIGHT out of her coop to Munk and Joon's coop where her favorite nest spot is. She didn't even wait for Munk and Joon to get out this morning before rushing in and settling down. She is in there now and anytime any other chicken goes near the door she makes a warning Bawk. LOL even Joon listens to her! [​IMG] it's great. And way early lol! The last time she laid around 11am, but at 7:32 this morning she was settled down and ready to get'r'dun hehe

2. sunshine23

sunshine23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Hialeah, FL
    Congrats! I have 2 wyandottes that are 20 weeks and I'm still waiting. How old is yours?

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    She is... About 7-8 months I think. Her original owner is here on BYC somewhere lol but I don't know a definate age but I am pretty sure 7-8 months. She started squatting a few days ago. Her first egg was so small and cool [​IMG] it was light pink which was cool because I have never had a wyandotte and didn't know what color they laid. [​IMG] I also have a blue wyandotte but I don't think she is close

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by