Early birds...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by swheat, Aug 19, 2011.

1. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I have already got 19 :jumpyhatched from 25 eggs so far, but they were due on Monday...I'd say these quail are roaring and ready to go..[​IMG] These were Jumbo Coturnix...I got caught off guard too, they were still in the auto-turner, I had planned to put them in the hatching tray tonight, so instead I put chicks in the hatching tray...LOL Got 6 left unhatched...hoping they want come on out an play.. too ! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ,These were my last quail eggs I have set....What do I tell the doctor ? and got any idea to which medication for withdrawal that works ! [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Probably be late tomorrow before I can get any pics, but I post some. [​IMG]

2. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:Hey Steve,
    Sometimes they have there own schedule, hua. Sounds like it worked out fine thou....

No eggs in the bator, gives ya sort of a empty, dangle'n feel'n dont it.... I'v been waiting for the feelin to pass, but it has'nt yet. The twitch has calmed just a bit thou... [​IMG] Good luck, Bill

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    No bator should be empty, NEVER [​IMG]

4. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:I completely agree !

Here is pic of wee ones, just before they get their first drink and something to eat. [​IMG]

Some browns, white and 'some more with white eyebrows'..LOL all they need is one brow up and a smoking a cigar..[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Remedy for hatching is the same as for drinking...a little 'hair of the dog that bit you' hehe [​IMG]

My earliest hatchers this year were out on day 14....I think I might have left those eggs in the pen a little too long [​IMG]

6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:Yeah, these egg were shipped so I think they may have started in the mail system too. I not complaining, I am happy...[​IMG] I have fuzzies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by